5 Tips to Reduce Online Shopping Cart Abandonment
Shopping cart abandonment is a common issue for online retailers, but a few easy steps can help you reduce the rate at which your customers bail on the payment process—and even a small reduction can make a big difference.
Think about this: If your shopping cart abandonment rate is 60% and you reduce it to even 56%, your online orders would increase by 10%. That’s huge. Don’t lose people once you have them where you want them. Here are five simple tips to improve your payment form:
- Include as few fields as possible. If your form looks too long, people will give up. Only ask for the information you really need.
- Include a short but compelling message. You have one more chance to encourage customers to finish the process—just keep it brief.
- Use single-page forms. Traditionally they have outperformed multiple-page forms.
- Make sure your form is mobile-friendly. As the number of mobile users continues to grow, it’s important that your form displays well on small screens.
- Don’t send customers to another site to buy. PrinterPresence offers an easier way to accept online payments so customers never have to leave your site to make a secure payment.
Learn how PrinterPresence can help you decrease shopping cart abandonment and increase online orders by calling 877.446.7158 or email email@example.com.